Monday April 22nd, 2019: Arrival day, accommodation in a hotel
Please note, April 22nd is the official festive day due to Easter. ISMA is closed this day.
Tuesday April 23rd, 2019: Opening day (room 314)
13:30 Registration, welcoming meeting with the ISMA STTW coordinator
14:00 Opening event (welcome speech by Olga Verdenhofa, ISMA Vice president, presentation of the ISMA University, musical surprise from ISMA students), refreshments
17:00 Riga city walking tour
Wednesday April 24th, 2019:
Topics of the day:
1. Erasmus+ challenges and issues
2. Guest lectures
10:00 Get together, warming up (room 314)
10:30 Introductory presentations of the participating universities and their areas of interest
11:30 Coffee break
SECTION ONE: room 314
12:00 Experience sharing in Erasmus+ projects, presentations and discussions
1. ISMA: Erasmus+ challenges and issues Diana Zmicerevska, the head of ISMA project department, Latvia
2. Experience sharing Jurate Daniliene, Klaipeda State University of Applied Sciences, Lithuania
3. Experience sharing Olga Rylova, Cherkassy State Business College, Ukraine
4. Experience sharing Maryna Salun, Kateryna Zaslavska, Simon Kuznets, Kharkiv National University of Economics, Ukraine
5. Experience sharing Maria Cristina Palma, Polytechnic Institute of Beja, Portugal
6. Experience sharing: Erasmus+ at ISMA by the eyes of a student
14:00 - 15:00 Lunch at ISMA cafe
SECTION TWO, April 24-25: Quest lectures for ISMA students, STTW participants are also welcome!
Thursday April 25th, 2019:
Topics of the day:
1. Growing multiculturalism in EU HEIs: challenges, opportunities, issues
2. International Scientific Conference Information Technologies & Management
10:00 - 13:00 Room 314
1. Overview of multiculturalism aspects in ISMA Julia Galkina, Mg., ISMA international relations coordinator
2. Meeting with an expert in integration of third-country nationals Gunta Viksne, Society shelter "Safe House"
3. Cross-cultural management intercultural communication Dr. Sam Nemer, AZM University, Lebanon
4. Discussion, Q&A
13:00 Lunch at ISMA cafe
14:00 17th International Scientific Conference “Information Technologies and Management” Plenary session opening. Room 314
1. ISMA Vice-president speech
2. Key speakers from the leading business, IT, tourism enterprises of Latvia and abroad
After plenary session - work in sections. Please follow conference agenda.
Friday April 26th, 2019:
Topics of the day: Guest lectures, feedback, conference and Gala eve
Guest lectures for STTW participants:
10:00 – 12:00 Room 314
1. Academic recognition of credits Carolina Ramirez de Cepeda, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
2. Content and language integration service Oksana Polyakova, Language Centre"Instituto de Lenguas UCV", Spain
3. First ISMA STTW experience: expectations, challenges and feedback Jevgenija Dehtjare
12:00 – 12:30 Coffee pause
12:00 – 15:00 Attendance of IT&M conference`s speakers presentations
19:00 Gala eve dedicated to the 25th anniversary of ISMA, a musical celebration with the buffet afterwards (the formal reception starts at 18:00). The event will take place at the Splendid Palace, the historic cinema. Location: 61 Elizabetes street (the very city center).
Saturday April 27th, 2019: Departure day
What is included in the program?
The program is free of charge for the participants that represent partner universities with Erasmus+ interinstitutional agreement signed. Accommodation and transportation costs should be granted by the sending universities.
- The program includes:
- Training program
- Training materials
- Meals according to the schedule
- Invitations to the “ISMA is looking for talent” gala show and followed after party
- Riga City walking tour
- Attendance of the 17th International Scientific Conference “Information Technologies and Management”
What is not included?
- Accommodation and transportation costs (also city transportation and transfers), recommendations will be provided
- Other meals not mentioned in the schedule
- Optional tours and events