Great festival for everyone who loves arts, music, singing and performing!
For the 10th time ISMA is getting ready to hold the festival which is loved by many. „ISMA Invites Talents” aims to reveal the talents of young artists, to demonstrate the results of the creative work of the participants of the previous years festivals.
The Festival is supported by Riga City Council and Live Riga, a number of well known companies and mass media representatives.
We want to show young people that today education is a win-win investment and their way to success. We also wish that after receiving higher education our graduates are really intelligent and creative persons who are able to think outside the box, value beauty, make innovative decisions and take responsibility for them.
The winners of ISMA Festival are also the winners of many international contests:
- Stas Shurin – winner of the “Star Factory 2010” contest in Ukraine and finalist of “The Voice 2016” in Germany, participant of “New Wave 2014” (Alla Pugachova prize)
- Vladimir Kozhevnikov – winner of “Ukraine does not believe in tears” contest in Ukraine, 2011
- David Kalandiya – participant of “Minute of Fame” on Russian television
- Stacy – participant of “New Wave 2011”
- Diana Pirags and Aminata – Latvian contestants in Eurovision 2012 and Eurovision 2015. Aminata – participant of “The Voice 2017” in Russia
- Dana Sokolova - winner of the reality show “Young Blood 2015”, winner of BlackStar title from Timati producing centre
- Valeriy Bogdanov – representing Latvia in “New Wave 2015”, etc.
For whom: Music contest for solo artists
Music style: pop music, pop song, original genre.
February 21, 2018: 16:00 - 19:00, Latvian College of Culture (Bruninieku Str., 57, Riga)
March 1, 2018: 16:00 - 19:00, Latvian College of Culture (Bruninieku Str., 57, Riga)
March 27, 2018: 12:00, Daugavpils, Centru vidusskola (Kandavas Str., 17)
Semi-final: April 4, 2018, 16:00 - 19:00, Latvian College of Culture (Bruninieku Str., 57, Riga)
Final: April 27, 2018
Place: Latvian College of Culture (Bruninieku Str., 57, Riga)
Duration of the event: 15:00 - 17:30
Rehearsal time on the day of the event: 13:00 - 14:30
Gala concert: April 27, 2018
Place: Riga Congress Hall (Kr. Valdemara iela 5, Riga)
- 13 - 14 years old (4 places)
- 15 – 17 years old (4 places)
- 18 - 24 years old (4 places)
Participation in qualifying rounds:
- IMPORTANT! Participation in qualifying rounds is FREE OF CHARGE!
- Participation in your age group
- IMPORTANT! You must fill in the application form
- Past participants of the Festival who won first or second prizes cannot apply for participation in “ISMA Invites Talents 2018”
- Past participants of the Festival who won first or second prizes can attend qualifying rounds as a guest
- Maximum duration of performance - 4 minutes
- Backup dancers and show elements are welcome but should be discussed and approved by the organisers in advance
- Only one music instrument is allowed. Featuring more than one music instrument should be discussed and approved by the organisers in advance
- A participant of the qualifying round, if selected, must participate in semi-final
- A participant of the semi-final, if selected, must participate in final gala concert
- Jury has the right to dismiss a participant in case of ethical violations even after qualifying in the semi-final
- Foreign participants can send a video of their performances for the qualifying round
- Musical accompaniment of your performance must be submitted on USB drive on the day of qualifying round
- A participant performs one musical composition at the qualifying round. It is desirable to have a backup song in case the jury wants to hear another song
- The results of a qualifying round will be announced after all the qualifying rounds are held. The full list of semi-final participants will be sent to all the nominees.
Jury of qualifying round: vocal teachers of the nominees cannot be members of the jury
Participation in the semi-final:
- IMPORTANT! Participation in the semi-final is FREE OF CHARGE
- IMPORTANT! If a nominee is qualified for the semi-final, they must bring a printout of the original application form
- A participant of the semi-final, if selected, must participate in the gala concert
- Musical accompaniment of your performance must be submitted on USB drive on the day of the semi-final
Jury of the semi-final: vocal teachers of the nominees cannot be members of the jury
Participation in the final:
- IMPORTANT! Participation in the final is FREE OF CHARGE
- The nominee must be present at the general rehearsal before the event
- Musical accompaniment of your performance must be submitted on USB drive on the day of the Gala concert
- Nominees must attend to their hair, makeup and stage outfit themselves
- If the performance has backup dancers and/or show elements – all participants of the show number must attend the final rehearsal as well
- In the end of the contest and concert programme, all participants perform the anthem “ISMA invites talents”. Contestants must know it by heart.
Jury of the final: Musicians, producers, public persons and journalists well known in Latvia
IMPORTANT to know:
- This is a festival, but artists must be ready for extensive teamwork
- Lack of experience does not equal lack of talent. Be brave!
- Expect a lot of preparatory work with professionals. We prepare participants for this particular contest and not their creative career as a whole, but the skills you acquire are going to be useful in your work, career and creative pursuits.
- The jury is strict.
- The results of the competition are determined by people with their own views, experience and taste. Being part of the team at a big festival is already a victory, and ranking is just a matter of circumstance.
- Qualifying rounds can also be valuable experience not to be dismissed.
- More than your vocals are assessed at the qualifying round. The song must correspond to your age, the stage image to the song, and the performance to all of the above. Remember that a singer is a combination of music, theatre and images.
Application form for the participants:
- Name, Surname
- Date of birth + age (full years)
- Persons under 13 must also indicate:
- Name, Surname of the accompanying person
- Position (who you are to the child)
- Phone number of the accompanying person
- Phone number
- Short bio
- Previous projects (if this is the first – write as is)
- Name of the teacher (if none – write as is)
- School / HEI / workplace
- Links to videos (direct links, not a general FB account)
- Song for the qualifying round (UP TO two. Must indicate song title and performer’s name)
Questions and suggestions must be sent to:
E-mail: email@example.com. Subjevt title - "ISMA 2018"
Project Coordinator: Elena Tonova +371 20218553
Head of the Project: Natalya Vorobjova +371 29535193
- Main Prize of the Festival - budget place for studies at ISMA (one year)
- Prizes from Riga City Council and Live Riga
- Congeniality prize
- Prizes from festival sponsors
- Mass media prize
- Every contestant in the final receives a video recording of their performance
- Every contestant receives a diploma of participation in the festival “ISMA invites talents 2018”