Attendance of the lectures (EVEN REMOTE) is the RESPONSIBILITY of the student.
Entering ISMA premises, students are required to:
- Show the duty officer the presence of a protective mask (the mask must be with you)
- Pass visual and temperature checks
- Disinfect hands
- Maintain a distance of 2 m between themselves and others (other students, lectors, administration, etc.) and 1 m between themselves and students of their group/course.
- At the slightest suspicion of the presence of a respiratory tract infection, a cold or if you feel unwell put on a mask and leave the ISMA premises immediately!
Those who do not follow these rules are not allowed for studies!
In case if more than 3 lectures (EVEN REMOTE) are missed within one subject, ISMA administration has the right to consider this course as unfulfilled, not allow student to pass the exam and include it in the list of academic and financial dept.
International students must attend lectures (EVEN REMOTE) in accordance with the PMLP's residence permit regulations. Accordingly, ignorance of lectures attendance may lead to PMLP notification and resident permit cancellation.
If a student is in Latvia, there are only 4 reasons not to attend lectures temporarily:
- Self-isolation, about which you must immediately INFORM study department firstname.lastname@example.org or the international relations department email@example.com.
- Feeling unwell, for example, a severe runny nose (nasal congestion, nasal discharge, sneezing, pressure in the nose and forehead) OR body temperature rises to 37.5⁰ C without other signs of illness OR severe headache, muscle pain, diarrhea) - then follow-up at home for up to 72 hours, NOTIFY the study department or the international relations department and, if necessary, consult by phone with the therapist. After 72 hours: if in case of absence of signs of an infectious disease and an increase in body temperature for at least 24 hours, without the use of antipyretics - the student feels satisfactory - then he/she can attend lectures.
- Increase in body temperature above 37⁰ C with other symptoms OR 37.4⁰ C or more without other symptoms, dry cough (not associated with a chronic illness), sore throat, impaired taste and smell, or loss (if not due to nasal congestion) - the student is obliged to IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY the study department or international relations department, as well as contact the therapist by phone, who determines the need for testing for COVID-19 infection. A student can only return to ISMA as directed by a doctor.
- Exacerbation of a chronic illness (which must be reported immediately to the study department or to the international relations department).
Consultations and administrative staff visits:
- Consultations with lecturers take place remotely. Information about the time of consultations and registration for them: my.isma.lv/ for students/consultations and admission hours
- Visiting the study department, the international relations department, accounting and other administrative departments - only during the specified visiting hours, by appointment, keeping a 2 m distance from ISMA personnel! If these requirements are not met, the administrative staff has the right to refuse a visit!
More information about requirements and activities due to COVID-19:
LATVIA: COVID-19 IN ENGLISH FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
- Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 advice for the public: www.vm.gov.lv/en/ministry/novel_coronavirus_covid19_advice_for_the_public1/
- Hotline for Covid-19 related inquiries - 8345
- Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control informative phone +371 67387661 (working days 08:30-17:00 (break 12:30-13:00)
- Stop the virus with your phone!
This app is the fastest way to find out if you have been exposed to COVID-19. Be in the know and make considered decisions.
More information here: www.apturicovid.lv/#en
Nearest medical centres to ISMA:
- VESELĪBAS CENTRS 3: www.vc3.lv/lv/ (20 Firsa Sadovnikova)
- MFD Veselības grupa: www.mfd.lv/en/ (13 Prūšu street)
- English speaking therapists: arsmed.lv/en/specialists/ + 371 67201007
We hope for understanding the situation and cooperation,